Berean Community Drumline
Motto: “Excellence through Commitment, Concentration, and Dedication”The mission of Berean Community Drumline is to equip and empower adolescents to make healthy life choices through the enriched and creative disciplines of dance, percussion, service, team-building, and life skills workshops. Aimed at fighting obesity, encouraging physical activity and promoting healthy behaviors, youth who participate in BCD improve their self-esteem, academic performance and make healthier life style choices.
Started in 2009, BCD is now an award winning Drum Line:
- First Place Drumline Champions of 2014 & 2015 Battle In The Apple Competition.
- Aetna Voices of Health, 2nd Place Winner ($15,000)
BCD provides musical accompaniment for the Jamal Jackson Dance Company, a contemporary African dance company located in Brooklyn, NY. In addition, our young people have performed at diverse venues, including:
- MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)
- Fairmont Park Plaza Hotel (New York, NY).
- Westchester County Airport (Westchester, NY)
- The Town Hall (New York, NY)
- Atlanta Convention Center (Atlanta, GA)
- Brooklyn Bridge (Brooklyn, NY)
- Union Chapel (Martha’s Vineyard, MA)
If you would like BCD to perform at one of your events please click the link below and complete the attached form. To speak to the Program Coordinator, please call (718) 778-2938.